<body>


Sunday, August 8, 2010


Oceans will part,

Nations come,

At the whisper of Your call.

Worship retreat was unremarkable fun. It was a relaxing getaway, in PJ. OH THAT RHYMES. HAAHA.

We started off on Friday, reached People's Park for icebreakers in the basketball court, which turned into a basketball game because we had a ball. I learnt that I can't play basketball for nuts because the ball goes to dang fast for my brains to catch.

Headed to Caltex for drinks, hung around MSC. Went for dinner, had fried rice and 2 VERY LUCKY PEOPLE HAD lots of fun spamming on Dion's wall.

Spoke to him on the phone for awhile, headed back to MSC and officially started the retreat off with worship, followed by a session with Thomas and Kavita, they taught about the Don'ts and Do's for worship.

Finally hit the showers after a whole day, mind you, we played basketball and sweated, let it dry from 6 - 11pm. HAHA. Not a very nice feeling. After showering, had alot of jamming sessions in between, sent bee home with Ms Cath.

Went for mamak. Dared Josh to bring the Giant down, his roti milo sucked. FAILED AT CHI-KU-PAK. Laughed at my roti tissue. Joel did not take notice of whatever that was going on. HAHAHA. Spoke to him againn.

Returned back to MSC, had a very 'intense' sharing secret time with everyone.(Mike and Hazel was playing Skipbo. -.-) Oh that was fun. Josh being the lead, the asked all sorts of questions and shared about a few of his testimonies. Of course, something I really look up to. I respect you, Joshhiee. Everyone had a few chip ins here and there. We traveled from there till 4am, when we decided to pray for the next day at that point of time. I felt peace. I really did. And was knocked out by the time I hit my pillow.

Awoke the next morning by a phone call from my beloved. THANK YOU FOR COMING, and also for waking everyone else with your entry...... we all appreciate your volume ........................... and presence. Mike and Tim started jamming to the Muse rift. Oh its still stuck in my head. HAHAHAHAHAAH. DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM, TANG TANG TANG TANG TANG TANG. Ohkay, you guys totally got that.

Had breakfast together at the pingpong table. Yes, Julian, I ate on your pingpong table. I should have stuck bubblegum there. Ding.

Devotion was good. Josh shared about greed. Titled Slurpee. I really liked that.

2 Corinthians 12:9a - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Headed for lunch with everyone. Got called ahpek by Joel. The chicken had no flavour whatsoever. Stared at the aunty with the pink hair and had the same thoughts as Gong. HAHHA.

Walked back to MSC for our Band coordination session with Ps Julian, thought very complex chords which we all totally understood. But John is seriously talented. Hats off to that fella.

Was split into two groups to perform songs by choice. Conclusion - my voice does not fit gongs and Hazel's voice is very versatile and loud. I sing like a chipmunk and talk like a loudspeaker. I contradict myself naturally. ;)

Headed to the basketball court with Mike's guitar. Learnt 5 chords. I hope I still remember. HAHAHA. Then headed back to the hall to watch MSC's worship team's practise for Sunday worship. Word : EXCELLENT

All of them knew what they were whacking. They knew their instrument as if it was natural. They knew it by heart. Thus, being really able to tap and use themselves as vessels. You could see it in the way they played. As the practise continued, Josh tried out different ways of attacking the song for variety. They stopped and started and listened all as one. They played as one. Nobody overpowered anybody. Hats off to God, be all praise and glory unto Him for having such talented people over there at MSC.

Tagged bee home to use her shower, packed her clothes for a sleepover, headed for dinner. Decided to get laksa even though the queue was long. Oh no wait, Josh was queuing for us. HEE. Bonded at the table. It was as if there were no such thing as cliques.

Headed back to MSC. Jammed. And by jamming I mean, I seriously don't know what happened to Josh, but he was definitely high. The lyrics he came up with were so funny. You can like pee on the spot. HAHAHA. I don't think its explainable with words but heres one I jotted down.

They call me hippopotamus,

Because my lyrics is bottomless.

HAHAHAHA. Seriously. People call you hippopotamus because you're fat.

Laughed and laughed to countless songs he made fun of. I seriously will remember that day for life.

Called off jamming because Josh was like going to lose his voice, knowing him... he could have went on and on....... since he moved from the keys to the drums................ heh... heh.

Sat down with Uncle Kevin for a bit, was asked a few questions, then played TABOO!!! :DDD

We played in teams, the same one we were put for the worship performance. Technically, Hazel vs Sarah. In the end I think Hazel's team won but there were more cards on my side. I WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS. Towards 12, we opened the floor. Me and Josh were describing. Omg I'm surprised that my voice is still normal right now.(still got sound can come out, I've phlegm)

Conclusion : My descriptions are so good, sometimes I wonder how people understood what I was trying to describe. HAHAA

After taboo, had a truth or truth session. Everyone took their round. I think nobody really attacked me since... there was nothing to attack me about. Michael kept getting pinned on. HAHAHA. Bee was just, a noob.

Went on till 2am, then decided to sleep.

But that's not the end for me.

I have a wife.

A wife that will kill me if I don't compel myself to understand her.

SHE MADE ME STAY UP TILL 4.45am, KNOWING ME, HOW I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO STAND ON TWO FEET THE NEXT DAY.

But it was fun though. We chatted at the bathroom area with Mikey, got a handful of info from getting to know him. Was funn. :) You still should ask how your parents met. Hee.

Headed back to my beloved sleeping bag after what my eyes felt like - 5kg weight bags pulling me down from my lids. HAD TO SHARE A SLEEPING BAG, but I was merciless. In the end, I TOOK ALL. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You suck, bee.

Awoke the next morning by my beautiful wifey to COLGATE PEOPLE. MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HU HA HA HA. Yes, we successfully colgated everyone except Bee herself and Mike. ohhh gosh. Bee got me at the sink when I was washing my hands. DAng.

Laughed and laughed. The most classic was Josh's, Tim's and Joseph's. WINNER : JOSEPH TEH. He managed to sleep with the Colgate for more than 30mins. HAHAHAHA. MOST ARTISTIC DESIGN : MISS CATHERINE.

After colgating everyone, with most of them realizing, they awoke and washed up. LOOKED BEHIND AND SAW THE GOLDEN ROOM. "WE FORGOT MISS CATHERINE LA!!! WHO WANTS TO DO IT?!?" Everyone's face was so excited but only one was victorious. I decided to take the risk of getting my life slaughtered(it will soon, since I was warned............................. I'm skipping school tomorrow, God save me)Should have got a photo of it. IT. WAS. PLAIN. AWESOME.

Washed up and rolled up our sleeping bags to get ready for MSC's Sunday bible study and service.

Sat for the bible study - slept for a second. Sometimes it amazes me. I didn't even realize. I don't think much intake went in, but the Holy Spirit is necessary in ANY CHURCH.

Brother picked me up at the latest timing ever.......... I reached church late. Missed the dance que, by a minute. A MINUTE!!!

So yeah, that sucked. I sat throughout worship crying my nuts off due to disappointment. Kudos the worship leader, for picking UHmazing SONGS. Perfect choice, I loved every number.

But there and then, I was struck. I was so angry. I was so mad. I didn't want to open my mouth to worship. "The songs are great, but I don't want to praise God with this kind of heart."

I didn't know the 3rd song, I started to cool off. But was then when the Spirit spoke to me. I closed my eyes. I heard everyone singing. Nothing else mattered. Just me and God. I was worshipping. I was praising Him, in the circumstance I was in. How often do we Christians actually do that? Or do we always walk into church and fold arms and point out who screwed up?

It was then, when my heart melted. I thanked and praise God for everything He blessed me with throughout this weekend, and how I would never forget the memories and words spoken.

Worship ended, went to the ladies to freshen up. Received a hug from Nise. ;) then scooted over to Sam to apologize for the last minute show up. Thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - MAGICAL WORDS CAME OUT OF HER MOUTH.

"We're doing the closing song again with My Redeemer Lives, its fine, its okay. It happens."

OHH gosh, my heart started churning. I was so grateful and happy! Even though I did not wish for that to happen, it did anyway. I am ever grateful for what happened today.

Sat throughout sermon. Ps Andrew preached about taking up our DAILY cross, and what the costs were. He concluded with Lord I offer my life to You, baptized a few new believers and babies, then had the closing song.

Yes, I messed up quite a bit, but I meant what I was dancing. MY REDEEMER LIVES.

Got a tee from Nise, Sarah and gang. Thanks girliiess.

Didn't get to talk to himm, butttt its alright.. you're only a phone call away. (:

So yeah, after that - went grocery shopping at Hartamas. Guys, please do not ever go there. Unless you want to spend a fortune. Had lunch at home, slept from 3 to 6.30pm. YES. Sleep recovered, I hope.

Overall - I thank God for it all. For the fun. I'm looking forward to more retreats with you guys! (those who came and also for those who could not make it)

God is not done yet. I know it.

Thats about it - I used up all my study time to blog. But its worth it.

*drum roll*

I AM GOING ON A FB FAST FOR 40 days, in prep for Malaysia day.

Wish me luck. At least I'll still be blogging. :)

x

Blessed be Your name.

Labels:


I know it all ; 9:28 PM.

Profile

SARAH TI
20.
Les Roches is a way of life.
God is the ultimate meaning of love.
He is my source of will, strength, hope and peace.
Goal: serve and to love others as Christ has shown me.
Hospitality management industry
Moved to 4 different cities in a span of 2 years ^_^
Sings | Writes | Photography |
Short & strong.
Healthy eater ;
Traveling = addiction *
Speaks english, 说中文, Hablar español, parler français, bercakap bahasa melayu
Half full, half empty
Afraid of speaking in public.
Baking makes me :)
*JS 2012*
1 Peter 3:3-4 * Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
Wishlist
▪ Try every cocktail in the world
▪ Travel to Budapest, Istanbul, London, Finland, Scotland
▪ MAC blush brush
▪ Save continuous souls for Christ
▪ Own a garden
▪ Prada handbag
▪ Ride a motorbike behind someone precautious? (;
▪ Christian Louboutin silettos
▪ Overcome fear of speaking in public
▪ Fur coat
▪ AKG K3003i Earphones
Tagboard
d' Girlies
Hazel :D
Janielle
Kathryn
Lih Wern
Lydia
Miss Cath
Roberts
Sapphira
Sophira
Tetsuo
Vicky Phang
Zoe Ng

Church friends
Belle
Denise
GleNn
Jasmine
Sarah Chen
Steven Foong

blog counter
blog counter

Exits
Eefennie
name name name
Archives
June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 January 2014 February 2014
Credits
designed by lil.queens
photos: bexidaisy on DA
host: imageshack & imeem
inspiration & lyrics: TLG
title script source unknown.